01 January 2012

Last Month in Review: December 2011



December was a slower reading month for me. Between the extra hours at work and the demands of the holiday season, and somehow just not being that interested in reading, I couldn't seem to break into the double digits. 

1. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver.  I really, really liked this sequel to Delirium, which I could barely make myself finish.  Review here.

2. What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank by Nathan Englander.  Didn't love it, didn't hate it.  Writing is good, wish it was less self-conscious.  Review here

3. Quarantine by Rahul Mehta.  Another story collection.  Review here.

4. White Truffles in Winter by N. M. Kelby.  Review here.

5. Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James.  Didn't review this one, but suffice it to say that it's a pretty decent Austen "sequel," as far as they go.  Come on, it's P. D. James!

6. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly.  This was a gift from my Secret Santa at Broke & Bookish.  Loved it!  Hope to get a review written when I return home from visiting my family in Wisconsin over New Year's.

7. Home Front by Kristin Hannah (audio).  I didn't like this one much because I think it fell way short of what it could have been.  Review here.

I came really, really close to completing my first e-book of the year, but I didn't want to push it and so it will be in my 2012 roster.  I've been reading Pride & Prejudice on my phone a few pages at a time.  Started it last January and took a full year 'cause I read it mostly when I'm in waiting situations: stopped for a train in traffic, waiting for my husband to meet me at a restaurant, etc.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how I do it! I've usually got a paper book I'm reading by my bedside, a book on my nook and a book on my phone which I read when I'm waiting for something.

    ReplyDelete

Please, sir, may I have some more? (Comments, that is!)