11 January 2014

Mini Readathon Mini Midpoint Post

So, we're all having fun, yes?  Snacking and reading and whatnot?

I'm a little surprised how quickly the midpoint arrived.  I've barely started snacking, but that's largely due to the bacon & chicken fetuses I ate for breakfast (cheers, Alley!) immediately before starting.  I've also given up sipping from my ridiculously mini shot glasses and just started using my usual water bottle.
Roxy, showing great solidarity
I've received lots of "help" from my various animules.

I read quite a bit, but not as much as I thought I would in those four hours.  Largely because I took mini-breaks to check out other people's posts and blogs and whatnot.  But I'm about 100 pages into All Their Names, which I think is just fantastic, and 60 pages into boy, snow, bird, which is well written but not as engaging for me.
Still sitting upright in the first half
I snacked a little on the chocolate covered ginger and the mini brick of cheese. Now I'm feeling a little peckish and will probably toddle over to the kitchen for reinforcements.

In a show of solidarity, my husband joined me for the first four hours of the readathon.  We're reading on matching loveseats, which is almost too adorable for words.

How's it going for y'all? I think I'm about to give myself a break from serious tomes and treat myself to a little Pippi.

Going horizontal for the second part. 

13 comments:

  1. KITTY! Damn, I need some pets... Horizontal seems like a good idea at this point, although I've totally been laying on my bed for the whole thing... Shhhh, it's late here! (it's definitely only 8pm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole day is pretty much dedicated to that moment when I can be horizontal, so cheers to you for accomplishing it so early on. Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for bacon and chicken fetuses!

    Aww look at all your animal helpers. ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! And silver dollar pancakes to come. I'm clearly trying to copy you. ALL DAY LONG.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Mini-breaks from reading to read the internet are deeeefinitely Minithon tradition!

    I'm 117% sure that if I go horizontal, I'll crash - which is why my sheets are still not on my bed. I'm still caffeinating like a mad person, but I suspect I'm beyond that point and I just need sleep.

    ANYWAY! Back to the reading. Also that window is GREAT. Let's have it in our Enchanted April castle on Wilkie Way/Court.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT WINDOW, THOUGH. I had to scroll back up because I was originally distracted by the puppy (THAT DOG, THOUGH).

      Delete
    2. Round windows are necessary in life. We shall definitely have them in the Wilkie House.

      Delete
  4. LOOK AT YOUR ANIMALS. I don't think I realized how giant your dog is, and I want to give her a full-body hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy would LOVE YOU FOREVER if you gave her a full body hug. She'd also give you a little bit of slobber and a lot of dog hair, but it would totally be worth it.

      Delete
  5. AGH blogger why did you eat my comment. I posted it HOURS ago and it was awesome and mainly about how I want your circular window if that is in fact a window and also your animals, so basically I want your house, but I guess you can stay there because you're kinda neat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a window, all right, but not a glazed one. It's covered in a cloth screen like a shoji screen. My husband has this weird thing for shoji stuff. The good news is that it's a big house and can accommodate lots of bloggers and opera singers and giant dogs, so we're good.

      Delete
  6. Aww, our cats should be friends.

    I tried to get Boy, Snow, Bird from the library the other day to add to my mini-list, but it was checked out. :( Although if it's not engaging you maybe that was for the best!

    The readathon is over now, but I'm contemplating reading for the rest of the night... Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much solidarity, in your reading ventures! Marvellous, is what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Please, sir, may I have some more? (Comments, that is!)