18 December 2011

Broke & Bookish Secret Santa, or What a Haul!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up to participate in this year's Secret Santa, hosted by the good folks at The Broke and the Bookish (yes, the same good folks who sponsor the Top Ten Tuesday meme). But when TB&B matched my Secret Santa to me, I really hit the jackpot.  Ms. Thorp (whose blog is unknown to me--I'd love to find out more but a Google search didn't turn anything up) knows how to treat a gal: she filled my box with loads o' goodies: yummy gummy candies, two pairs of cheerful Christmas socks (Dobby would be *so* jealous), and a magnetic kitty notepad, which would be awesome enough on their own.  But she also sent me lovely copies of Jennifer Donnelly's Revolution and Abraham Verghese's My Own Country, two books which, while vastly divergent, have been on my reading list for some time. 

So this is my space to say thank you, Audrey Thorp, for your extreme generosity and goodwill.  I can't wait to start my new books, and if by some remote chance you see this post and wish to make your blog known to me so that I can become an ardent follower (but not in a stalkerish way), I'd love that!

3 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful box of presents! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am so sorry this is 3 years late but thank you so much for the kind thanks and it was wonderful picking out the gifts for the Secret Santa gift and I am so glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment and for being my Secret Santa!

      Delete

Please, sir, may I have some more? (Comments, that is!)