07 November 2011

Challenges for 2012...



Despite having a book blog for the better part of three years, I've not really been savvy when it comes to signing up for challenges.  This past year I tried out the South Asian challenge, hosted by S. Krishna, which I want to try again as soon as it opens.  And while spending time reading blogs today, I stumbled across another one I want to try in 2012: New Authors, Exploring New Boundaries, hosted by Literary Escapism for which I have set my goal at 40 new-to-me authors to read in the upcoming year. 

What challenges are you thinking about participating in for 2012? I think I'd like to sign up for one more for the new year.  Do you have any suggestions?  I'm interested in reading literary fiction, narrative non-fiction, YA, and regional fiction of Africa & the Caribbean.

3 comments:

  1. I've done Literary Escapism's, but I think that's the only one. I've seen a debut authors challenge floating around that I might have to consider for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into challenge, I don't like the pressure or restriction on choosing what to read. The South Asian one sounds very interesting, and I like the Back to the Classics challenge hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year was my first in the world of challenges, and I had a lot of fun with them. It was fun to try to map out my reads although I switch my picks regularly...

    Still haven't figured things out for 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Please, sir, may I have some more? (Comments, that is!)